Monday, October 17, 2016

Two Months

I realized that today marks two whole months in Chicago. I realized this over a cup of hot chocolate so let the Koffee Shop Kwest continue.

I'm writing from Intelligentsia in Noble Square because I'm early to my first day at my THIRD internship. Intelligentsia is another mini Chicago chain and like Bow Truss, I can see why people would cry gentrification. It's very sterile, lots of gray, black and geometric shapes. It's about the craft here. They have only one long table and chairs, so if you want personal space you need to sit on the long benches around the perimeter of the room of one of the large orange blocks that function as both chair and Table depending on your needs. The most unique art came in the bathroom, where they had a small mural of wild animals, but im not sure that's a selling point. The hot chocolate was $4.46 and they get points for the intricate latte art but I didn't like the drink. Their hot chocolate was too dark and bitter. Give me the sweet stuff! Hot chocolate should be a warm cup of candy and this stuff seemed more like chocolate coffee. Since I don't like my beverage options here, I'm not sure how eager I'll be to test one of their other locations but it served it's purpose of giving me somewhere to sit this afternoon.
TINY SPOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment