Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Leonidas Chocolate Cafe

I have done a very, very bad thing here.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day watching 3-5 year olds as their parents attended Rosh Hashanah services (shanah tovah, btw) but after that, it was time to go over to my internship at Lookingglass. I knew that they wouldn't have much for me, but I also knew that I didn't have time to go home in between the two so I figured I would find something to do to kill a few minutes and this is when a very, very, very bad thing happened, because I stopped at Leonidas Chocolate Cafe.

You know that if something has "Chocolate Cafe" in the name that it is going to be some damn good chocolate and I was intrigued so I crossed the street and went in. (Yes, thankfully this place isn't directly along my commute and going would require at least an extra 20 steps which is obviously too far out of the way for me to go every single day).

I didn't know if this would qualify as a coffee shop when I went in but they do, in fact, serve coffee along with a lot of other things that aren't chocolate. But mainly, they sell chocolate. Lots of pretty chocolate! And this includes a variety of hot chocolates. It wasn't a cold day (and definitely not cold by Chicago standards) but I was chilly so hot chocolate was exactly what I needed! They had a lot of good looking options but I decided that I'd start with the "basic" Triple Chocolate Hot Chocolate.

So, this place has the potential to be the best "coffee shop" on the list and also make me gain a dress size.

Am I a bad person, not to my knowledge, but as I've said, yesterday was the start of a very bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment