Thursday, October 27, 2016

The Power of Mimosas

I was doing really well on that consistent blogging thing until I stopped doing well on it... anyways, here are some updates since the last time I posted.

First off, this blog has served an actual purpose besides letting me share all of my mind-numbingly dull thoughts. I wrote about how my wallet was stolen the other day, but then someone commented on my blog that they'd found my ID! Yes, they found my ID and then went to the trouble of finding a way to contact me and they were able to do it through this very blog that you are reading right now. I'd already spent $25 to order a new license but at least my personal information is no longer floating around the universe. I got it back on Tuesday (and now I need to get around to writing them a thank you card).

Next off, mimosas can cure just about anything because Sunday brunch with Amanda Lauren Belscamper soothed my soul like you would not believe. We went to the Chicago Diner which is a vegetarian restaurant  that I'd visited last February. They have two locations, the one that is close to where I work (which is where we went) and one that is walking distance from my apartment. Mandy picked the restaurant, but she loves me so she picked the vegetarian place! I got their breakfast platter, which was scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, fruit, vegetarian sausage AND bacon plus the whole thing came with a pancake on top. We also, of course, got mimosas.
Since then, it's basically been all work and no play, which makes Thom some money, so I'm not complaining. I finally put away the laundry I did a week and a half ago though so there's some progress for you! Today, I will be heading to my internship and then calling the laptop people to find out why they STILL haven't fixed my computer. I also need to work on a Halloween costume before my friend's party tomorrow but since I have the whole day off tomorrow, I can plan then (or I can lie in bed until it's time to leave, which might be a better use of my time...).

P.S. Here's a picture from brunch. I wanted to put it next to my description of brunch but this is one of the downfalls of blogging from my phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment