Monday, October 17, 2016

185 Broken Laptops

So, my boss sat on my laptop on Saturday in a freak accident and somehow I've ended up blogging more since I don't have a computer than when I did...

Saturday night, post-show but pre-lyft ride/blog post home, I went out to Cheesie's with Claire and Parker and met their friend, Suz. My friend, Jessica, who pulls double duty as Darla Blue, the Bingo call girl in Bingo and Maddie Monroe, the father-of-the-groom's stripper wedding date in TnT, had an improv show at The Annoyance at midnight called Skinprov (there might be a theme here...). Skinprov is basically naked improv, except they don't actually get naked. I learned two things very valuable things here:
1. Don't tell Claire Noone about a free improv show, because you WILL be going.
2. If your friend says their improv show is 50 minutes, they're lying; an hour and a half minimum.

So, why is this post called 185 Broken Laptops? During the show, they did a bit where they told jokes based on audience suggestions. The game was called 185 and the goal was to say 185 [blank] walked in a bar and the bar tender wouldn't serve them because of [blank]. They asked for a suggestion -- "something you have in your bag" -- and I shouted out "A BROKEN LAPTOP." They were pretty surprised about this and even stopped to ask why I was carrying around a BROKEN laptop and then used it in the bit, so at least someone got a laugh out of my misfortune.

And why am I writing about all of this now? Because I have laptop brain. I just dropped my laptop off with some laptop people. I went to TWO different Best Buys yesterday and they told me that it was going to be two weeks minimum -- more likely five -- and a nice chunk of change. (I didn't expect a different answer at the second, they'd just been so rude to me at the first one that I wanted another opinion). My broken laptop should be better by the end of the week now! The one perk of this whole fiasco is that yesterday, after enjoying my first glass of cider of the fall and making cider muffins, I got 14 hours of sleep. So enjoy my phone blogging while you can because odds are that one my laptop is fixed, it will be back to my usual one post a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment