Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I promise I will find a happy medium between random, one-sentence posts and describing an entire month in a singular post but that time has not come yet!

So, the last time I wrote/you read, I had stopped at Leonidas Chocolate Cafe, opening myself up to about 10-million extra calories a day, but that's alright. I don't remember anything else I did last Tuesday so I'm going to guess that it wasn't important and isn't worth writing about.

After that, Wednesday was a big day. I got a text that morning from Amanda Belscamper asking me about the abnormally large crowd outside of Osmium Coffee, which is right next to CTW  (and part of her daily bus route, apparently). I hadn't been to the theatre so I didn't know but I'd find out when I went to work later.

Before work, however, I had to go to the AT&T store. My phone was two and a half years old and had stopped connecting to WiFi so it was time for an upgrade. I walked in with a smile on my face and left a short while later with a new cellphone and no drama (which should have been my first clue that something was wrong but more on that later). I went to work (blissfully unaware that I'd purchased a garbage phone) and Osmium Coffee.

Upon arrival, I discovered that Osmium was crowded with Gilmore Girls fans because Netflix had converted the store into Luke's Diner for the day in honor of the 16th anniversary of the show's premiere (and as promotion for the new series, obviously). The transformation really only included a sign, cardboard cut out of Luke Danes and coffee cups and I'm actually pretty sure that Luke Danes would hate hipsters and Osmium Coffee and probably be confused by Chicago in general but it was be cool.

We did a show and then I went out with about six members of the cast. They made me take a shot of Malört because apparently you aren't really from Chicago until you have. Apparently it's supposed to be bad and make you gag and everyone was shocked that I took it like a champ but I was just trying to figure out what I'd actually been given to drink.

I took an Uber home from the bar and somehow, I ended up talking the Uber driver into giving me his phone charger. So, my first 25th birthday presents were a bad shot of alcohol and some electrical cords.

The first birthday present I gave myself was another stop at Leonidas on my way to my internship! I got the salted caramel hot chocolate with the whole milk because if I cared about calories and skimping on quality, I'd go to Starbucks.

At the end of the work day, I returned to the apartment for my party! We were having an ugly wine-indoor picnic birthday/housewarming party. Basically, the theme was that everyone had to bring the ugliest bottle of wine they could find and we were going to drink it on the floor because we have no furniture. Before the party, however, I got a "flower" delivery. My mom sent me a plant but it was basically a small tree... Either way, it was a good birthday (and my bottle of wine, Kinky Pink Moscato, was the ugliest).

I slept in on Friday but then it was time for the phone drama because the phone I'd had for less than 48 hours was already out of memory space. Turns out they'd sold me a GoPhone which is basically a burner phone. I was PISSED. AT&T handled it pretty well, considering they'd messed it up in the first place and I have a NEW new phone (and no, it isnt a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 so it isnt going to explode). With that problem solved, it was onto a weekend full of shows! Really full but still fun, including a real life wedding proposal at Tony N Tina's Wedding on Sunday.

Yesterday was Columbus Day  (Chicago still calls it that) and there was a large Italian pride parade so a group of TnT people went to pass out flyers in exchange for comp tickets  (yup... shameless). Our main selling point was that our tickets are cheaper and easier to get than Hamilton tickets AND we give you dinner.

After that, I had about appointment to run off to so I couldn't get lunch with the cast but ended up at The Bread Cafe. One of my best friends, Ellen, is a sweet baby angel who is obsessed with bread so I decided to try this place in her honor. I'm happy to report that it lives up to the name of bread.

Now, today. Oh boy, today. Well, you're currently benefitting from my boredom. I have a temp gig that required me to leave my apartment at 4:30am (where I watched the bus pull up while I was still too far to get there and had to wait for 15 minutes) and is for Pensions and Investments. My job is mainly to try not to look bored, which is almost impossible because even the experts who are getting paid more than $10/hr to be here look bored...

2 comments:

  1. You had to work for Pensions & Investments? Your dad may know a few people who work there ... and some of them may know your dad. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might! But I wasn't going to just start questioning random strangers. There was someone from Red Wing Shoe Company and I was like "I was in your store! I've seen your giant boot!". (Except I didn't say anything)

      Delete