Wednesday, October 19, 2016

I've Got Answers

This week, I'm working another temp job. It isn't a one-day gig like last week at Pensions and Whatever but three whole days at an FIA Expo. They told us what FIA stood for yesterday at orientation/training but I was so busy stuffing bags and folding table cards that I can't remember. (I'm clearly working towards that big temp promotion! My nom-work ethic is rivaled only by my pension for ill-timed sarcastic comments within earshot of my boss).

One thing I like about this job is that yesterday,  we were able to dress casually. This meant blue jeans and anything else you wanted really. (I wore my Little Mermaid shirt because it was sitting on top of the pile of clean laundry that I dumped on my floor and haven't put away yet...) We'd been told that the dress code for the rest of the week would be black dress pants, a white button down and a black jacket but yesterday they told us that they had t-shirts for us and that we should even think about wearing dress shoes* because we would be walking wayyy too much. I liked this change in plans because I still hadn't found a white button down.

*They did suggest not wearing your brightest pair of athletic shoes but I have only one pair of sneakers and they're electric blue with fuschia laces so that's what I've got on today. I guess it's better than going barefoot?

My official job title is "Bag Runner" which they say means that I'm supposed to make sure that bag stands are replenished but I think it means I take people's bags and run with them. Basically they gave me a job with very little to do which is just the way I like it.

So I'm working in a hotel that costs more than what I'll be making in these three days from a single night AND I'm doing it in a neon green shirt that has "I'VE GOT ANSWERS" written on it. It goes well with my shoes... if you can't actually see me.


No comments:

Post a Comment