Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I Went to the Zoo

Do you want to know why I love the Lincoln Park Zoo? It's free and I love free stuff. This is why I take basically everyone who visits me there and yesterday was no exception.

Two of my friends from Missoula Children's Theatre are touring through the midwest right now and are unbooked this week, which means they are free to play (and I have a weird work schedule, so I was also free to play!).

I started off yesterday with some job training. I'd call it boring except that it's really only boring for you -- it was exceptionally overwhelming for me because I had seven weeks worth of work shoved into two hours worth of attention span. I'm sure that the pieces of that gig will make sense once things get started but for now, my brain is very full.

After that, I hung out in the library for a few hours since it wasn't worth it to go home. The library was actually great because they had some free magazines and I need magazines for this new job!

And then it was zoo time with some wonderful ladies. I met Blaire and Sam right when I started with MCT. Blaire had already been touring while Sam was a newbie with me, but all of us were working on The Little Mermaid. Getting to see them was pretty fantastic and they really enjoyed the zoo. I also got to see the penguins there for the first time ever! (All other trips were either pre-penguin exhibit or the penguins weren't out for some reason). I'm also meeting with them and Ms. Amanda (my OG tour partner) for lunch tomorrow.

Not much to report really, just wanted to share some happy times in the city with me and some awesome ladies. (Although I did manage to stretch out one day into quite a few paragraphs. I feel like Jane Austen -- I made you read all of that just to sum it up by saying "I went to the zoo.").

No comments:

Post a Comment