Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Yesterday, I went to a play that Mandy's roommates were involved in (not just involved in, her roommate Kalli was the director and producer of the whole thing). While we were sitting there, I started telling her about For the Love Of (or the Roller Derby Play). The guy in front of us turned around and said that he'd just seen that show too. He'd seen it on Thursday! I asked him if he meant April 6th, because I'd seen it on Thursday as well. Turns out, he was sitting right behind me four days ago. He even remembered me as "the girl in the corner with the backpack." Yup! That's me! Small friggin world, amiright?

Post-show, we all went back to Mandy's, where I ended up with a glass of champagne in one hand and a slice of bacon/pickle pizza in the other. (I'm a bad vegetarian, I know, but late-night celebratory pizza definitely trumps self-imposed dietary restrictions!).

Now, today, I had a meeting at 11 and a doctor's appointment at 3. These two things happened to be an eight minute walk from each other (but roughly 40 minutes from my house) so my plan was to hang out in the neighborhood in between. The meeting was with the teaching artist I'll be working with for this second round of the Mosaic Program, which starts next week. We were meeting at a café called Delicious (promising name!). I timed it out perfectly! I got there RIGHT at 11 sharp! I didn't have to walk around the block an extra time like I normally do when I go somewhere because I'm always too early. Nope! Today was my day.

Now, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is, because after ordering my hot chocolate, admiring Delicious's sloth logo and marveling at their floor made of pennies, I sat down and waited. By 11:15, I was pretty confused. I didn't have my fellow teaching artist's phone number so I was trying to figure out how I could reach her. My first step was to reread our email exchange and this is where I discovered my blunder -- she asked if I would like to meet on Tuesday, April 11 at 4pm, which my brain read as Tuesday at 11. Good work, brain. I was not my standard early, I was extra super duper insane five hours early!!

Well, I finished my hot chocolate and decided I could still be productive with my day! I walked 30 minutes to CTW to do a little bit of work there, retraced most of my steps and got a cupcake lunch at small cakes (this month's special -- brownie red velvet! Ohmigawd!!!) and then decided to visit the small town that is Lakeview's newest Whole Foods. Well, who did I bump into there but the legend herself, Amanda Belscamper! She and her boss had run over for coffee and we all just happened to be there at the same time! Insane.

Well, post walk-thru of Whole Foods, I visited another branch of the Chicago Public Library to get some quality computer time (and have a place to sit where I wasn't expected to spend money). Does this particular branch smell like a stale fart and BO? Yup, pretty much, but is it free? Yes and free currently beats my burning nose hairs.

And that is where I am writing/posting from. Enjoy your reading material, I will now be enjoying mine (a book courtesy of CPL, obviously!)

No comments:

Post a Comment