Thursday, April 6, 2017

So, updating you on EVERYTHING that has happened since I last really wrote has turned out to be more than I can chew, so here are the highlights (actually, really the only thing I have to share because March was mainly working 24/7).

My best friend, Mr. Ryan Lind came to visit in March! He was supposed to visit in February but every flight leaving NYC was cancelled thanks to a giant snowstorm, so we postponed. While he was here, we gorged ourselves on cupcakes and did lots of touristy things along with some not-so-touristy things.

We went to eight different bakeries and the best cupcakes we had were these tiny bundt cakes we got for free at an event we attended at CTW! Yup, the best cake in life is free apparently. I didn't take any pictures of the mini bundt cakes (they were very cute), but I did take lots of pictures of everything else we ate during our hunt for Chicago's best cupcake (which like I said, were the free mini bundt cakes from Everything Bundt).

I don't think we ever decided what the best cupcakes were, but I think the most disappointing was Goddess & The Baker's rainbow cake. This is what we were most excited for because rainbow! But it was just really plain cake in the end.

Cuties!
The other highlight of his visit was when Ryan finally got to meet Mandy! They'd met via Skype and have obviously heard all about each other, but it was their first time meeting face-to-face. Mandy is a working fiend so we just got to have a short lunch (at the brand new Whole Foods that is bigger than my entire apartment building) but it was nice to see two of my favorite people together at last!

And that was March, at least, the only part of March that I care about.

Today is my half birthday, which means I need to figure out where I can go to get cake in this city where I haven't already gone... I have the next few weeks to do nothing again, before my next gig starts on April 17th, so maybe you'll have more reading material between now and then, and maybe not! We'll see!
I told you that we also did the touristy stuff. 


No comments:

Post a Comment