Thursday, January 12, 2017

My First Post Hot-Cocoa-Crawl Hot Cocoa

Yes, it's hard to believe that I have not had a hot chocolate since the infamous Chicago Hot Cocoa Crawl of 2016 and that was the truth, until today. I went 12 days in 2017 (and actually the last entire week of 2016) without my favorite beverage but today, I broke my fast. There wasn't really any particular reason I was abstaining from hot chocolate, I just haven't needed to get one recently.

Feeling gray and mushy after a week of gray and mushy weather, I decided I would stop in Lovely on my way home from my internship with Adventure Stage. I've gotten exactly one hot chocolate from Lovely prior to today, along with one of their sandwiches at another visit. Up until today, I would say that everything there has been... lovely. BUT (I'm sure you were sensing that there was going to be a "but" so I made a big deal of it) my first hot chocolate of 2017 was nothing but disappointment. Whoever made it today burned the milk and the whole thing tasted bitter. I'm really hoping that this is not an omen for the new year. Fingers crossed for better hot chocolate tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment